I just got back from my exhausting but so rewarding trip to Jyväskylä. These three days have been a blur of activity; traveling, meeting new people and making important connections, seeing friend(s) and learning :).
This was the first time I attended and the program was simply world class – they had speakers and attendees from all around the world as well as Finnish top experts on sports and exercise science. The amount of newest knowledge concerning combined strength and endurance training with both world class athletes and recreational exercisers was overwhelming!
As I’m dead tired at the moment, I’ll make a few posts later regarding what I learned there and tell more about my trip. Now I’m off to get some MUCH needed zzzzzzzz and popping more hydrocortisone – stress dose, stress dose… ❤
What would you like to hear more about? The topics I could cover are for example:
- “Hormonal and immunological responses and adaptations to endurance exercise and training”
- “Scientific evidence for strength training-induced benefits in endurance runners and cyclists”
- “Role of strength training in short- and middle distance running performance”
- “How to optimally combine skill with endurance and strength training”
- “Neuromuscular adaptations to power training in different team sports”
- “The order effect of same-session combined endurance and strength training”
- “Differences between combined training performed in the same session and on alternating days”
- “Effects of the time of day on adaptations to same-session combined endurance and strength training”
Looking forward to telling you more,